Being transparent and providing accessible information to individuals about how we will use their personal data is a key element of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
This privacy notice relates to personal data which we hold on:
- Our employees and volunteers
- Our partners
- Individuals with whom we do business
- Individuals whom we believe wish to receive marketing or other communications from us
Personal Data is any information related to an individual that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, photo, email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
We will normally collect the personal data we need from you directly. If we acquire personal data about you from other sources, we will normally seek your approval or comment on it before acting on it. If your personal data changes, you should let us know. If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you can ask us.
Confidentiality is very important to us. We will not share any of your personal information with anyone unless:
- We need to do so in order to carry out a transaction or other piece of work that we have agreed to do for or with you;
- We are obliged to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- We need to do so to protect your vital interests;
- We need to do so in order to carry out a task in exercise of official authority given to us by the Court, Parliament of Government;
- It is within our legitimate interests to share your data and doing so does not conflict with your fundamental rights and freedoms; OR
- With your consent.
The personal data which you give us will be used by us to:
- Verify your identity
- Carry out your instructions
- Make your experience of our services more convenient or comprehensive
- Enable us to meet our obligations to you
This means that we may add your contact details to a mailing list or email group. If you prefer to be removed from a mailing list or group, please let us know by contacting us. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage of your personal data
We will gather your personal data manually and electronically and it will be stored in digital and hard copy formats while we are working for you and for a period after the work has ended. We will not retain your information for any longer than is necessary.
Destruction of your personal data
Once our need to retain your personal data has ended, hard copies of your information will be shredded and digital copies deleted from our systems.
We will retain basic contact details for you so that we can make you aware of services that we offer that may be of interest to you. Our funders often require us to consult with you on planning for future services and evaluate services already delivered and so we retain basic contact details for this purpose also. If you wish to remove your personal data from our marketing database, please let us know and we shall do so within 30 days of receiving your request.